The Company does not knowingly collect or solicit personal information
from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register
as a member of the Service. If you are under 13, you may not register
or send any information about yourself to the Company, including your name,
address, telephone number or email address. No one under the age of 13
may provide any personal information.
In the event that the Company learns that it has collected personal information from a child under age 13, the Company will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that the Company might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
About Non-Personally-Identifying Information and Personally Identifying Information
The Company collects both Non-Personally-Identifying Information (“NPII”) and Personally-Identifying Information (“PII”) from you. NPII is information that, without the aid of additional information, cannot be directly associated with a specific person or entity. PII by contrast, is information such as a name or email address that can be directly associated with a specific person or entity.
Collection, Use and Disclosure of Non-Personally-Identifying Information
We collect NPII user information to enhance your experience using the Service. We use aggregated (gathered up data across all user accounts) information to develop and improve your experience using the Service. By identifying patterns and trends in usage, we are better able to (i) design this Service to improve your experiences, both in terms of content and ease of use (ii) improve your apps, and (iii) provide you with advertising that is targeted to your interests. We use data analytics collected by the systems described below to determine which areas of our Service you prefer based upon the frequency of your visits and engagement with those areas. We may make assumptions based on your browser provided data to target relevant content and advertising to you. We may also make geographic and demographic assumptions based on your presented IP address to target relevant content and advertising. Additionally, we may share this aggregated information with other third party business partners.
The data analytics we use are as follows:
• Web Browsers. Like most site operators, we gather NPII from you of the sort that web browsers, depending on their settings, may make available. That information includes your Internet Protocol ("IP") address, operating system and browser type, and the locations of the web pages you view right before arriving at, while navigating and immediately after leaving this site.
• Web Cookies. A "Web Cookie" is a string of information that a site stores on your computer, and your browser provides to this site, each time you submit a query to Yapp. We may use Web Cookies to track the pages that you visit during each site session, both to help us improve your experience and to help us understand how this site is being used. IF YOU DO NOT WISH TO HAVE WEB COOKIES PLACED ON YOUR COMPUTER, YOU SHOULD SET YOUR BROWSER TO REFUSE WEB COOKIES BEFORE ACCESSING THIS SITE, WITH THE UNDERSTANDING THAT CERTAIN FEATURES OF THIS SERVICE MAY NOT FUNCTION PROPERLY WITHOUT THE AID OF WEB COOKIES. IF YOU REFUSE WEB COOKIES, YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY RESULTING LOSS OF FUNCTIONALITY.
• Web Beacons. A "Web Beacon" is an object that is embedded in a web page. It is usually invisible to you but allows site operators to check whether you have viewed a particular web page or email communication. We may place Web Beacons on pages of this site and in emails we send to you. You may not decline Web Beacons. However, they may be rendered ineffective by declining all cookies or modifying your browser setting to notify you each time a cookie is tendered and permit you to accept or decline cookies on an individual basis.
Collection, Use and Disclosure of Personally-Identifying Information
As defined above, PII is information that can be directly associated with a specific Service user. The Company does not collect PII about any individual Service user except when knowingly provided by such individual. For example, we may ask you for information, such as your name and e-mail address when you register to become a member of the Service.
When you do provide PII to Yapp, you are sharing that information with the Company, as well as business partners and vendors providing hosting and other services to Yapp. In addition, if you provide any PII via an advertiser promotion, please be aware you are directly providing your PII to that advertiser.
Listed below are additional ways in which we may use your PII:
• We may provide you the opportunity to participate in contests or surveys on Yapp. If you participate, we will request certain PII from you, such as your name and e-mail. Participation in these surveys or contests is completely voluntary and you, therefore, have a choice whether or not to disclose this information. We may use a third party service provider to conduct these surveys or contests. We will not share the PII you provide through a contest or survey with other third parties unless we give you prior notice and choice.
• We have features that allow you to send an e-mail to yourself and/or others about an item on our site. If you choose to use our e-mail referral service, you will be required to provide the e-mail address or addresses that will be used in the notification. Upon form submission, an e-mail will be generated to your recipient(s) inviting them to visit the URL you have recommended.
• We may email you about products and services that we believe may be of interest to you. If you wish to opt-out of receiving marketing materials from us, please follow the instructions at the bottom of the email for opting out.
• If you submit a Digital Millennium Copyright Act ("DMCA") Infringement Notification, Counter Notice or other communication (including communications about content stored on or transmitted through the Service), you consent to have this communication forwarded to the person or entity who stored or transmitted the content addressed by your communications in order to facilitate a prompt resolution. For notices other than DMCA Infringement Notifications and Counter Notices, upon request, we will edit out your name and contact information. However, DMCA Infringement Notifications and Counter Notices (including any PII set forth in the notifications) will be forwarded as submitted to us without any deletions.
• We disclose PII if: (1) required to do so by law, or in response to a subpoena or court order; (2) we believe in our sole discretion that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect against fraud, to protect the property or other rights of us or other users, third parties or the public at large; or (3) we believe that you have abused the service by using it to attack other systems or to gain unauthorized access to any other system, to engage in spamming or otherwise to violate applicable laws.
You always have the option not to provide PII to Yapp. If you choose not to provide such information, you can still visit Yapp, but you may be unable to access certain parts of the Service.
Should the Service provide you with the option to create a membership account directly with the Company, you will be able to change the information stored in your membership account and may elect to stop receiving marketing material from the Company. You may also request to delete your membership account. If you wish to do so, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will respond to your request within 30 business days.
Posting PII to the Public
You may post PII on Yapp in certain areas (newsfeed, blogs, etc.) that may be viewed by other users or the public. We urge you to use good judgment and not post PII that you do not want other users to know. YOU ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY LOSS OF PRIVACY OR OTHER HARM RESULTING FROM YOUR VOLUNTARY DISCLOSURE OF PII.
Collection and Use of Information by Third Parties
The Company uses commercially accepted security measures to protect any personal information provided by you to Yapp. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your submitted information, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to our site, and you do so at your own risk. We will not be responsible for any damages directly or indirectly caused by an unauthorized third party’s ability to view, use or disseminate personal information.
The Company urges you to keep your password in a safe place and not to divulge it to anyone. Remember to log off your account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit to our site. This is to ensure that others cannot access your account, especially if you are sharing a computer with someone else.