Last Updated: May 24, 2018
“Cookie” means a small piece of software that may be placed on a user’s machine during the use of our Website.
“Personal Information” or “PII” means information that alone or when in combination with other information may be used to identify, contact, or locate you, such as name, address, email address, IP address, login credentials, profile information, or phone number. Personal Information or PII excludes information that has been aggregated and/or anonymized so that it does not allow a third party to easily identify a specific individual (“non-PII”).
“You” or “you” refers to Yapp Customers, End Users (each as defined below) or visitors respectively, or, if not specified, to all of these user groups.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you use the Services, we automatically collect and store certain information about your computer or mobile device and your activities. This information includes:
- Device Information/Specifications. Technical information about your computer or mobile device (e.g., type of device, web browser or operating system, IP address and internet service provider) to analyze trends, administer the site, prevent fraud, track visitor movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information.
- Length and Extent of Usage. How long you used the Services and which services and features you used.
- Information obtained through web beacons. “Web beacons” (also known as “clear gifs” and “pixel tags”) are small transparent graphic images that are often used in conjunction with Cookies in order to further personalize the Services for our users and to collect a limited set of information about our visitors including geographical location, length and extent of usage, and whether visitors have signed up for a free trial or subscription. We may also use web beacons in email communications in order to understand the behavior of our customers, such as whether an email has been opened or acted upon.
Information You Provide Directly to Us
- Yapp Customers. To the extent you have contacted us regarding the Services, created a user account or otherwise contacted us through the Services (including by using or accessing the Yapp Apps), the Agreement refers to you as a “Customer.” Customers can use the Services to easily create customized mobile applications called “Customer Apps.” When you become a Customer, you provide us with some or all of the following information:
- Your first and last name, username, password and email address.
- Profile photo (at your option).
- Your payment information including billing address and credit card information.
- First name, last name, email address, photo/profile image, company and/or website.
- Linked social media accounts such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and LinkedIn.
- You may be given the option to login using Facebook. In this case, we collect the login identifier from this account.
- You may send messages to other End Users or connect with them, in which case we will collect records and data reflecting your interactions with the other users.
- Information We Obtain From Facebook. When registering with the Services, you may be given the option to sign in using your Facebook login credentials or to link your Facebook account to your Customer Account. If you do so, you are authorizing us to access certain Facebook account information. By allowing us to access your Facebook account, you understand that we may obtain certain information from your Facebook account, including your name, email address, and profile picture. We only obtain information from your Facebook account that you specifically authorize and grant us permission to obtain.
How We Use Your Information
- to improve your user experience and help you efficiently access your information and the platform after you log-in;
- respond to your comments and questions and provide customer service;
- provide push notifications from the Yapp App, with your consent;
- communicate with you about the Services and related offers, promotions, news, upcoming events, and other information we think will be of interest to you;
- monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities;
- ensure the security and integrity of the Services;
- investigate and prevent fraud and other illegal activities; and
- provide, maintain, and improve the Services and our overall business.
Sharing Your Information
The information we collect is used to improve the content and the quality of the Services, and without your consent we will not otherwise share your Personal Information to/with any other party(s) for commercial purposes, except: to provide the Services, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- Public Information. Public information is any information you share with a public audience, as well as information in your Public Profile, or content you share on another public forum or on public comments. Public information is available to anyone on or off our the Services and can be seen or accessed through online search engines, APIs, and offline media. When you comment on another person’s post, your comment will also be public.
- Service Providers. We may share your information with our third-party service providers that support various aspects of our business operations (e.g., analytics providers, security and technology providers, and payment processors).
- Business Transfers. We may transfer your information to another company in connection with a merger, corporate restructuring, sale of any or all of our assets, or in the event of bankruptcy.
- Aggregate Data. We may combine non-PII we collect with additional non-PII collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated, non-PII with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis.
Your Rights and Choices
Where applicable law requires (and subject to any relevant exceptions under law), you may have the right to access, update, change or delete Personal Information.
You can access, update, change or delete Personal Information (or that of your End Users) either directly in your account or by contacting us at email@example.com to request the required changes. You can exercise your other rights (including deleting your Account) by contacting us at the same email address.
You can also elect not to receive marketing communications by changing your preferences in your Account or by following the unsubscribe instruction in such communications.
If you remove information that you posted to the Services, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Services, or if other users or third parties using any available API have copied or saved that information. In addition, following termination or deactivation of your account, we may retain information (including your profile information) and user content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes. If you want any Personal Information permanently deleted, you must request such deletion by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additionally, if we rely on consent for the processing of your Personal Information, you have the right to withdraw it at any time. When you do so, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing of your data that was completed before your consent withdrawal.
If you are an End User of a Customer App, the Customer that created or manages the app may have Personal Information about you. You must contact that Customer to exercise your rights with respect to any information they hold about you.
End User Information
Yapp Customers are responsible for what they do with the Personal Information they collect, directly or through Yapp, about their End Users. Customers are solely responsible for complying with any laws and regulations that apply to the collection and use of End Users’ information, including Personal Information Customers collect about End Users from us or by using Yapp’s functionality, Cookies or similar technologies.
Yapp is not liable for any Customer’s relationship with their End Users or for such Customer’s collection and use of an End User’s Personal Information (even if you collect it from us directly or using Yapp functionality, Cookies or similar technologies). Yapp cannot provide its Customers with any legal advice regarding collection of Personal Information.
THIRD PARTY SITES
The Services may contain links to other websites. If you choose to click on a third party link, you will be directed to that third party's website. The fact that we link to a website is not an endorsement, authorization or representation of our affiliation with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own Cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit Personal Information from you. Other websites follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the Personal Information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.
HOW WE RESPOND TO LEGAL REQUESTS OR PREVENT HARM
We may access, preserve and share your information without notice or consent from you in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; or to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. For example, we may provide information to third-party partners about the reliability of your account to prevent fraud and abuse on and off of our the Services. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm. We also may retain information from accounts disabled for violations of our terms for at least a year to prevent repeat abuse or other violations of our terms.
Our Website is a general audience site. However, our Services are not directed to children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect, maintain or use Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If you learn that your child has provided us with Personal Information, you may alert us at email@example.com. Should we learn that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete that information from our database and terminate the child’s account.
SECURING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, the inherent insecurity of the Internet and other factors, may compromise the security of your Personal Information at any time. Nevertheless, we strive to safeguard Personal Information to ensure that information is kept private and secure at all times. We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards that are intended to appropriately protect against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, unauthorized alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, misuse and any other unlawful form of processing of, the Personal Information in our possession. We employ security measures such as using firewalls to protect against intruders, building redundancies throughout our network (so that if one server goes down, another can cover for it) and testing for and protecting against network vulnerabilities.
The precise periods for which we keep your Personal Information vary depending on the nature of the information and why we need it. Factors we consider in determining these periods include the minimum required retention period prescribed by law or recommended as best practice, the period during which a claim can be made with respect to an agreement or other matter, whether the Personal Information has been aggregated or pseudonymized, and other relevant criteria. For example, the period we keep your email address is connected to how long your Account is active, while the period for which we keep a support message is based on how long has passed since the last submission in the thread.
As Customers may use the Services sporadically or come back to us after an Account becomes inactive, we don’t immediately delete your Personal Information when your trial expires or you cancel all Paid Services. Instead, we keep your Personal Information for a reasonable period of time, so it will be there for you if you come back.
USING YAPP SERVICES FROM OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES
Privacy Standards for Data Transfer
We conduct our data transfers in accordance with Chapter V of the European General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”). Specifically, we conduct data transfers subject to the following standards:
- Privacy Shield. We transfer, in accordance with Article 45 of the GDPR, Personal Information to companies that have certified their compliance with the EU-U.S. or Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks (each individually and jointly, the “Privacy Shield”).
- Standard data protection clauses. We may, in accordance with Article 46 of the GDPR, transfer Personal Information to recipients that have entered into a European Commission approved contract for the transfer of personal data outside the European Economic Area.
- Other means. We may, in accordance with Articles 45 and 46 of the GDPR, transfer personal information to recipients that are in a country the European Commission or a European data protection supervisory authority has confirmed, by decision, offers an adequate level of data protection, pursuant to an approved certification mechanism or code of conduct, together with binding enforcement commitments from the recipient to apply the appropriate safeguards, including as regards data subjects’ rights, or to processors which have committed to comply with binding corporate rules.
HOW TO CONTACT US